Great products are built by great teams
We at MotionTag are convinced that a sustainable future for cities lies in building smarter mobility. Travelling should be seamless, affordable, efficient and eco-friendly.
MotionTag aims to make public transport more efficient and more attractive by offering an easy-to-integrate, multi-modal, low-cost and user-centric ticketing solution to transport operators . Through accurate mobility data, transport operators can adapt their strategy to actual user demand and offer their customers an easy and truly seamless travel experience that will shape future travel behaviour in a more sustainable manner.
MotionTag was co-founded in October 2015 by our CEO Stephan Leppler and former CTO Florian Stock. The initial idea was to create an intelligent location analytics tool for infrastructure providers. The clients could learn from the mobility of their users while we could improve our technology. But why stop here when this could improve the lives of millions?
- June 2018
- Grand Prize Winner at Transports Publics 2018
- April 2018
- Finalist at SET Awards, organised by the German Energy Agency (dena)
- December 2017
- Winner of the Innovation Prize of Berlin Brandenburg
- February 2017
- First prototype of seamless ticketing at Deutsche Bahn mindbox accelerator
- September 2016
- First project with the Swiss Federal Railways
- April 2016
- First project with Stadtwerke Düsseldorf
- March 2016
- Phase III of Climate-KIC
- November 2015
- Incorporation of MotionTag and completion of phase II of Climate-KIC accelerator
Ready to start your next project with us?